Saturday, January 24, 2015

* ...Bonjour... *


January is not my favorite month... You have to put away all of your Christmas decorations and the house looks so empty.  I don't like our living room without those pretty lights, without the christmas candles. So I decided that I am going to decorate for Valentine's Day. I am going to ( try to) decorate my house for all the seasons, holidays etc. 

Here is how I made my Valentine's Day wreath.  
A super easy and cheap way to dress up your door.

I used:
*grapevine wreath 
*yarn 
( I got these two at Target, and I only spent $6 )
*MOD PODGE glue 
*scissors 



1. Make little circles with your yarn. Cover it with glue. Don't be shy, dip your fingers in the glue and run it through the yarn. Try to make little heart shapes. It's not so easy so I used clothespins to help me keep the shape. Let it dry. 


2. Now you're done with your hearts, we can start making some letters for your wreath. Don't be scared! Shape your letters the way YOU want them, one by one and put the glue on it. While they are drying you can still shape them, so don't get frustrated if the first one won't turn out the way you wanted it. 
Be patient and when you're done, let them dry.
( Look at my "B"... :) It's not the most prettiest one for sure, but i wanted it to be simple and easy.)



3. The last step is to put everything on your grapevine wreath. 

Here's how mine turned out:




I absolutely loved making this little wreath. 
I think playing with yarn would make same really interesting things like:
decorating your presents with some letters, hearts, flowers etc.

Let me know if you can think of anything else to use them for :) 

Have a very LOVEly day! 

Be yourself, be happy, be creative, 

Kitti 








No comments:

Post a Comment